Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Upper Cut from Bobby

Bobby Knight has done it again. This time a short upper cut to a Texas Tech player who was not looking him in the eye. It was effective too. Is this it for him or is this just another on a long line of things that draws uproar but nothing happens to him? Personally, I don't think it was that big of a deal. The kid isn't hurt but Bobby probably overstepped his bounds in striking the kid. How would I feel if it was my son getting hit? I'm not sure since I don't have any kids. I'm all for discipline so I probably would be on Bobby's side if I thought my kid was not doing what he was told. How would you feel?



I forgot to mention I bought a new toy (yes, another one) on Saturday. Got an 80 gb iPod video. It's awesome. I put all our music (4,428 songs), 400 photos, a dozen tv shows and a movie on it and I still have 55 gb free! I also found some software called HandBrake for the Mac that allows me to copy dvd's to mpeg4 format in a size for the iPod (320x240). I did a Seinfeld episode in about 20 minutes and the movie Cars in about 2 hours. Not exactly fast but about as long as it takes to play the movie. Quality is excellent. The software is free.



Took my new bowling ball to Rob Bailey last night to get drilled. First we spent about 90 minutes going over what I was looking for it to do and discussing alternate balls but in the end it came back to just going with that ball. He polished it first to make it slide farther down before hooking. The other thing he did was to change the pitch of the hole for my middle finger that I have arthritis in to alieve the pain. I'll be damned, it didn't hurt at all. The guy is a wizard. The ball worked just how I wanted it. I could go way deep inside, standing at the far left and throwing it over 4th arrow and it would slide way down then snap into the pocket and destroy the pins. Can't wait till tomorrow. I also bought a spare ball, a 14 lb Columbia White Dot that won't hook much to use shooting 10 pins. Since I needed something to carry all these I also bought a 3-ball wheeled bag. Unfortunately I didn't get out of there till 8:30, a full hour after I told Cdubya I'd be home and 2 1/2 hours after I'd arrived there, so my dinner was a touch cold....



Fox cancelled another show on me. Justice was on Monday nights until yesterday, now it's gone. I enjoyed it, so it figures it is gone. In fact, I brought up the guide to check around 5:00 last night and it showed Justice briefly then changed to House right before my eyes. Oh well, I was watching too many shows anyway.

Later!

4 comments:

Rod said...

OH man - THREE balls - beep beep beep - my geek meter is going off!!

I was THINKING of getting a 2nd ball for medium/dry conditions but I really don;t bowl THAT much

adubya said...

I think 3 balls is the right amount. 1 for heavy oil, 1 for dryer conditions and a spare ball that goes straight.

I think you're just jealous. Rob's a freakin' wizard with this stuff.

Anonymous said...

If I had a son and he played basketball for Bobby Knight, I would hope both of us would know what we were in for. I don't think I'd be that upset, I'm sure the kid wasn't listening.

Dude, to be on the leading edge of toys you have to the the new Zune too.

I bowled for the first time in 10 years last weekend. I sucked worst than I thought I would. Rolled a 99, I know make your jokes, and then a 176 the second game. I choked the last frame with an open frame in the 10th of the second game, I only got 5 pins, I'll blame that on the kamikazes :)

adubya said...

No Microsoft crap in my house!

I love my iPod. The video quality is excellent and iTunes is selling games for it now too for only $4.99. I picked up Texas Hold 'em and Mini Golf (from EA sports). Very nice game play. Of course with the controls on the iPod some games are better than others.