Monday, November 13, 2006

Tournament Bowling

I bowled in my first singles tournament in about 15 years on Saturday. It was a $60 buy in with 42 bowlers. 4 games of qualifying, top 12 make the cut for head to head. I was too nervous early, missing easy spares my first two frames en route to a horrible 179 game. I then had a beer... and it helped. I shot 248 and 247 my next game. 4th game I struggled to carry and ended up only having a 204. I ended up with 878 and missed the cut by 31 pins, finishing 19th. If only I'd gotten my average in the first game I would have made it.

Oh well, I did win a new bowling ball in a raffle. It's a Track Solution Power Plus. Not sure about the ball, have to head over to Rob Bailey and get it drilled. I'm looking for something that will carry down a long ways and snap hard on the back. Hopefully he can drill this one to help with that.

Here's the recap of the tourney: http://mast.bowlweb.com/archives/0607/prairie.html

Next one I'll probably bowl in is on December 2nd in McFarland.



In hockey last night we gave up goals on our first 2 shifts but rebounded to dominate the game, winning 5-2. I played D again and did fairly well, nothing spectacular. Had a few good shots and some nice passes.

2 comments:

Rod said...

I would take the ball to Bowl-A-Vard - that guy is GREAT!!

adubya said...

LOL... I probably should since he provided the ball for the raffle, but, uh, no.

Waiting to hear back from Rob on a good time. Either tonight or not till Friday.