Thursday, July 03, 2008

Battle of Door Creek Followup

Last night was golf league time again.

When I got done I was ordering my dinner at the bar and look over and there's the guy. Luckily I don't think he recognized who I was so nothing happened.

However, later on a guy in my league tells me he knows the guy very well and tells me all sorts of stories about when the guy was in high school at La Follette and how he basically had a gang that went around terrorizing people and beating the crap out of them. Of course, I also find out that this was in the late 60's, making him about 57 or so now! Ok, I feel bad I hit someone's grandpa...

Then I find out that he has a brother that plays there too (much younger). Of course, the idiot in my league goes over to him (after the other guy left) and points me out! Sheesh, thanks buddy, needed that. I also find out he told his brother all about it and basically said that if it wasn't for Cdubya coming out there I would be dead. Not beat up, dead. Nice...

I go home and tell Cdubya all about this and then I find out that the last name of her new boss is the same as his... oh great. I do a little research this morning and find out that yep, she's married to the younger brother. Oh boy. So, I got in a fight with her new boss's brother in law. Extra nice.

And to make the world even smaller, that same woman is the sister of my friend Jim. Jim tells me that in the past, yes, I would be lucky to be alive. Nice again. I'm hoping Jim can help ease the tension a little.

Door Creek has just become an uncomfortable place for me.

BTW, I shot a 41 with a birdie on 9.

2 comments:

Rod said...

It's called - inbreeding

Anonymous said...

I think it's time to either pick a new hobby or a new golf league.